Candidates and guests attending December Commencement activities at SMU, may park in any of the University's parking facilities:
- Binkley Parking Center- Located at the corner of Binkley Avenue and Ownby Drive
- Mustang Parking Center- Located off Bush Avenue by the Residential Commons
- Moody Parking Center- Located at Airline Road and SMU Boulevard
- Airline Parking Center- Located at Airline Road and Daniel Avenue
- Meadows Parking Center- Located between Bishop Blvd and Ownby Drive
- U Lot- Located at Airline Road and University Blvd
- Hillcrest Parking Center- Located at 5906 Hillcrest Avenue
Maps showing the location of parking lots and campus buildings, and directions to campus are available here:
Guests with Impairments
Guests with limited mobility may park in Lot D (space is limited) located on Ownby Drive. To park here, a current state-issued disabled parking placard and/or license plate are needed. Otherwise, guests may be dropped off by the stadium on Ownby Drive and cars can park in any SMU parking garage.
Guest and Candidate Security Screening and Prohibited Items
Security screening is required for all guests and candidates entering Ford Stadium. Guests and candidates are screened with a hand wand or metal detector; all bags are checked.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to, animals (except service animals), backpacks, balloons, banners, binocular cases, briefcases, camera bags, cans, cinch bags, computer bags, coolers, diaper bags, fanny packs, firearms, flags, glass items, guns, inflated balloons, knives of any size and type, laser pointers, luggage, noisemakers, purses larger than a small clutch, radios, seat cushions with zippers, pockets or compartments, selfie sticks, signs, stun guns, throwing objects, umbrellas (unless threat of rain or raining), and weapons. No outside food or drink is permitted in Ford Stadium.
For guests, all bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and may not exceed 12 X 6 X 12 inches. Bags may be one-gallon clear plastic resealable storage bags. Small clutch purses with or without straps, no larger than 8.5 X 5.5 inches, are permitted. The clutch does not have to be clear and may be carried separately or within an approved plastic bag. Items that are medically necessary are evaluated individually.
Candidates are not allowed to bring clear bags, food or drinks into Ford Stadium. A small clutch is permissible.
COVID-19 General Precautions
- Face coverings over the nose and mouth are required for all individuals in attendance at the Commencement Ceremony.
- Individuals in attendance are asked to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Seating is configured to follow social distancing guidelines. Candidates on the field of Ford Stadium are seated 6 feet apart. Guests are asked to sit in odd-numbered rows and keep 4 seats in between family groups.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the venues.
Please complete a COVID-19 Self-Screen every day before coming to the SMU campus by taking your temperature and assessing various health symptoms. These symptoms include: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0°.
After screening for the symptoms listed above, if you believe that you may have new or worsening symptoms of possible COVID-19, please do not come to the SMU campus and participate in the commencement events.