You must have RSVP'd no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, August 3 in order to obtain an entry ticket.
Candidates who completed the RSVP may download their tickets beginning Monday, August 10 at 9:00 a.m. at http://smucommencementtickets.com until Thursday, August 13 at midnight.
Entry tickets are required for all guests, regardless of age. You are allotted:
- 4 guest tickets for the Saturday morning Commencement Ceremony in Ford Stadium.
- 1 graduate entry ticket for yourself to participate in the ceremony.
Guests are assigned a stadium entry gate on their tickets and should enter together. Graduates enter through the Loyd All-Sports Center lobby after picking up their walk cards at the football ticket windows.
Ticket Warning: Selling and bartering tickets is prohibited. SMU is not responsible for lost, stolen, or destroyed tickets. Event staff cannot replace tickets. Each ticket has a unique code and can be used only once. Once a ticket code has been used to gain admittance, no other use of the code is permitted.
How to Obtain Your RSVP'd Tickets
Graduates should only obtain guest tickets if they plan on attending the ceremony.
A special graduation package will be sent to in absentia graduates (did not request a ticket).
Beginning Monday, August 10 at 9:00 a.m. go to http://smucommencementtickets.com and logon by providing your secure SMU logon credentials. You have until Thursday, August 13 at 11:59 p.m. to obtain tickets. If you are experiencing any difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-768-3417.
- Select the event – Commencement.
- Request your ticket. You must have a graduate ticket to obtain a walk-card.
- Request your guest tickets up to the limit of your RSVP (maximum of 4 for guests). Request only the number that you know you will use. You can go back until midnight, August 13 and request more tickets up to your RSVP limit (maximum of 4 guest tickets).
- If the ticket system does not recognize you:
- Be sure you are using your SMU student logon credentials – ID number and password
- You may not have RSVP’d for a ticket by the August 3 deadline. We regret late requests cannot be accepted.
- Once you have successfully requested your tickets, the tickets will be sent to your SMU email address as PDF attachments within a few minutes. To view and print your ticket reservation online, click on "My Tickets" after login in at SMU Commencement Tickets.
Each ticket needs to be printed as the actual size, with only one ticket printed per 8.5” x 11” piece of paper. If you try to shrink/enlarge the ticket size, the barcode will not scan at the door and it will delay entry to the venue. Tickets on personal devices such as iPads, cell phones, notebooks, laptops, etc. cannot be used for entry.
The PDF tickets can be forwarded to guests, but must be printed prior to attending the event. You should retain a copy of the PDF in case you need to resend it or print it later.
Tickets should be treated like any other valuable item. Lost tickets cannot be replaced by event staff. Once a ticket is used, additional copies of the ticket cannot be used. Tickets cannot be printed on-site by event staff.