What is Tau Sigma?
Tau Sigma is a national honor society designed specifically to recognize and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students. The SMU Gamma Beta chapter of Tau Sigma was founded in 2009 to acknowledge our most outstanding transfers and provide a forum to better serve transfer students at the University. Tau Sigma members may serve as a resource to current and future transfer students at SMU. For further information about the honor society please visit, http://www.tausigmanhs.org.
What are the criteria for membership?
To qualify for membership, students must:
1) Transfer to SMU with 30 or more transferable hours;
2) Enroll and complete 12 or more hours during their first semester at SMU; and
3) Achieve a 3.500 GPA or higher in their first semester at SMU.
What are the benefits of joining Tau Sigma?
- Opportunity to apply for Tau Sigma national scholarships
- Prestigious credential on your resume and listing on your official SMU transcript
- Opportunity to serve as a peer mentor to other transfer students
- Leadership opportunity to serve on SMU’s Tau Sigma board
- Opportunity to help recruit other transfer students to SMU
Contact Tau Sigma:
Registrar’s Office of Transfer and Transition Services
Southern Methodist University
PO Box 750181
Dallas, Texas 75275
6185 Airline Road, Suite 100E
Dallas, Texas 75205
Please visit www.tausigmanhs.org
for more information.