Tickets may be requested beginning Wednesday, May 6 at 9:00 a.m. at http://smucommencementtickets.com until Friday, May 15 at 4:00 p.m.
Only students who indicated they are attending Baccalaureate or the morning All-Univresity Commencement Ceremony areeligible to request tickets. Entry tickets are required for all guests, regardless of age. You are allotted:
- 2 guest tickets for the Friday evening Baccalaureate Service (undergraduates only) in McFarlin Auditorium.
- 4 guest tickets for the Saturday morning All-University Commencement Ceremony in Moody Coliseum.
- 1 entry ticket for yourself to participate in the morning ceremony.
Seating is limited and is first come, first served. A ticket does not guarantee a seat. Saving seats is not permitted. Parties should enter together. Once the venue reaches capacity, guests will be directed to a simulcast location on campus. Simulcast locations do not require a ticket to attend.
If you failed to register your participation and now wish to participate, please email email@example.com no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday, May 13.
Ticket Warning: Selling and bartering tickets is prohibited. Such action may result in the loss of access to guest tickets and/or a referral to the Office of Student Conduct & Community Standards for a policy violation. SMU is not responsible for lost, stolen, or destroyed tickets. Event staff cannot replace tickets. Each ticket has a unique code and can be used only once. Once a ticket code has been used to gain admittance, no other use of the code is permitted.
How to Request Tickets
Beginning Wednesday, May 6 at 9:00 a.m. go to http://smucommencementtickets.com and logon by providing your secure SMU logon credentials. You have until Friday, May 15 at 4:00 p.m. to request tickets. If you are experiencing any difficulties, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-768-3417.
- Select the event – Baccalaureate or Commencement. You will need to repeat the request process for each event.
- Enter the number of tickets you are requesting up to the limit of 1 for yourself, 2 for Baccalaureate and 4 for Commencement. Request only the number that you know you will use. You can always go back and request more tickets up to the limit (no more than 2 for Baccalaureate and 4 for Commencement).
- If the ticket system does not recognize you:
- Be sure you are using your SMU student logon credentials – ID number and password
- You may not have declared your intention to participate in the event and therefore you are not in the ticket system. If you now wish to participate, you can request to be added to the ticket database by emailing: email@example.com.
- Only Bachelors candidates can request Baccalaureate tickets.
- Once you have successfully requested your tickets, the tickets will be sent to your SMU email address as PDF attachments within a few minutes. To view and print your ticket reservation online, click on "My Tickets" after login in at SMU Commencement Tickets.
Each ticket needs to be printed as the actual size, with only one ticket printed per 8.5” x 11” piece of paper. If you try to shrink/enlarge the ticket size, the barcode will not scan at the door and it will delay entry to the venue. Tickets on personal devices such as iPads, cell phones, notebooks, laptops, etc. cannot be used for entry.
The PDF tickets can be forwarded to guests, but must be printed prior to attending the event. You should retain a copy of the PDF in case you need to resend it or print it later.
Tickets should be treated like any other valuable item. Lost tickets cannot be replaced by event staff. Once a ticket is used, additional copies of the ticket cannot be used. Tickets cannot be printed on-site by event staff.