The Off-Campus Tutoring and Community Service Program is administered through Federal Work Study. This program creates partnerships with Dallas area schools and non-profits to put students in paid jobs that benefit the community.
Only students who are eligible for Federal Work study can apply for and participate in the off-campus program.
We partner with Dallas ISD in several local elementary schools, Education Is Freedom in area high schools and middle schools, and multiple area non-profits such as Medisend International, Catholic Charities of Dallas, and Project Transformation. Check out SMU Work Study Partners for a complete list of our contracted partners.
How do I get involved?
- In the fall semester each year we host a Job Fair for our off-campus partners. All eligible SMU Students will receive invitations via email, and can attend to meet agency representatives and apply on the spot!
- Any time during the year you can contact agencies directly (Who We Work With) to inquire about availability and schedule an interview
- Come by or contact the Student Employment Office (Blanton 119, 214-768-3490) with questions about the types of opportunities at each agency, or general information about how the program works
- You must contact SMU Student Employment PRIOR to accepting an Off-Campus SMU Work Study job for all appropriate paperwork and approval
- SMU Off-Campus Work Study jobs are still considered SMU student jobs. New Hire paperwork will still be required, and all hours will be paid biweekly through SMU Payroll