FA Accept/Decline Self-Service Instructions
- Go to my.SMU. Enter your Login ID (8 digit Student User ID number) and your Password (same as your Webmail password) and click “Sign In”.
- Look under the “Student Self Service” heading on the right of the page. Click “Student Center.”
- Look under the “Finances”” heading and click “Accept/Decline Awards.”
- Select the specific aid year to view your awards.
- You are now ready to Accept/Decline/Reduce your specific awards. You will not be able to Accept/Decline/Reduce some awards. These awards will have grayed out check boxes, and no action is required.
- To Accept All Awards: click “Accept All”.
- To Decline All Awards: click “Decline All”.
- To Accept and Decline Individual Awards: click the appropriate check box found at the right of each award.
- To Reduce an Award: click the check box in the Accept column. A text box will appear in the “Accepted” field and automatically populate with the maximum amount of the award. To reduce this amount, simply click inside the text box and enter the desired amount.
- Click “Submit”.
- Please click “Not Attending SMU” button if you will not be attending Southern Methodist University.
- If your award includes a Federal PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students) Loan estimate or Private/Alternative Loan eligibility, please refer to the Financial Aid website for application instructions."
You have now completed the FA Accept/Decline Self-Service. Feel free to contact us if you have further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-3417.