Dr. Rolf Tamnes (Ph.D., University of Oslo) served as Director of the Norwegian Institute for Defense Studies (Institutt for forsvarsstudier) between 1996 and 2012. In 2015, he led a government-appointed expert commission on Norwegian Security and Defense Policy. Dr. Tamnes has headed a research program on Geopolitics of the High North in the past, and is now leading a research program on Security and Defense in Northern Europe.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- Biography from Forsvaret.no
- Tamnes' coauthored book on geopolitics in the high north, Geopolitics and Security in the Artic: Regional Dynamics in a Global World
- Tamnes was chair of a government mandated study in 2015, "Unified Effort - Expert Commission on Norwegian Security and Defense Policy"
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Geopolitics and Security in the Arctic, Tamnes (July 7, 2011)
- "The Significance of the North Atlantic and the Norwegian Contribution," Tamnes (March 5, 2017)
The CPH thanks SMU student intern Polina Declue for her research and work in compiling this collection of additional resources.