Morten Wetland served as Norway’s ambassador to Germany between 1998 and 2003 and ambassador to the UN between 2008 and 2012. He was State Secretary in the Prime Minister’s Office from 2005 and 2008 under Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg. Mr. Wetland has held government positions at other times as a Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet) appointee.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- Wetland chairs a debate Oct. 10, 2014, "Campaign to End Inhuman Sentencing of Children"
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Wetland, list of state secretaries (December 12, 2007)
- Wetland presents credentials to be Norway representative to UN (October 8, 2008)
The CPH thanks SMU student intern Polina Declue for her research and work in compiling this collection of additional resources.