Kristin Halvorsen served as Minister of Finance in Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg’s government from 2005 to 2009, representing the Socialist Left Party (Socialistisk Venstreparti or SV) in cabinet. She later served as Minister of Education between 2009 and 2013. Ms. Halvorsen led SV from 1997 to 2012 and was a SV parliamentarian from 1989 to 2013.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- Biography from the Center for International Climate Research.
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Halvorsen and the Socialist Left Party call for boycott against Israel (2006, January 6)
- Halvorsen voices her support for Israel boycott (January 5, 2006)
- Halvorsen, list of state secretaries (December 12, 2007)