Jan Petersen served as Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs in Prime Minister Bondevik’s cabinet between 2001 and 2005. He led the Conservative Party (Høyre) from 1994 to 2004. He was a member of parliament between 1981 and 2009. He later served as ambassador to Austria from 2009 to 2014.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- United Nations Security Council Resolution on Terrorist Attacks on the United States (2001)
- Measures taken by Norway after the terrorist attacks against the USA (2001)
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Petersen pledges aid to Afghanistan (January 22, 2002)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Reasons the Conservatives are in favor of Norwegian EU membership (September 21, 2007)
The CPH thanks SMU student intern Polina Declue for her research and work in compiling this collection of additional resources.