Jan Petersen served as Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs in Prime Minister Bondevik’s cabinet between 2001 and 2005. He led the Conservative Party (Høyre) from 1994 to 2004. He was a member of parliament between 1981 and 2009. He later served as ambassador to Austria from 2009 to 2014.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- United Nations Security Council Resolution on Terrorist Attacks on the United States (2001)
- Measures taken by Norway after the terrorist attacks against the USA (2001)
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Petersen pledges aid to Afghanistan (January 22, 2002)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Reasons the Conservatives are in favor of Norwegian EU membership (September 21, 2007)