Espen Barth Eide served as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs in Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg’s first government and then as Deputy Minister of Defense in Mr. Stoltenberg’s second government. He held the position of Minister of Defense between 2011 and 2012 and that of Minister of Foreign Affairs between 2012 and 2013. He has been a Labour Party (Arbeiderpartiet) parliamentarian since 2017.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- Biography from the Center for Strategic & International Studies.
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Reasons the Conservatives are in favor of Norwegian EU membership (September 21, 2007)
- Minister of Defense Eide gives a speech on transatlantic relations (February 6, 2012)