Benson Whitney served as Ambassador to Norway from 2006 to 2009. Before serving as an ambassador, he worked in law and business, serving as CEO of Whitney Managing Company. He has also been involved with politics, serving as the Minnesota Finance Chair for the RNC as well as the Bush-Cheney campaign in 2004. He earned his BA from Vassar College and his JD from the University of Minnesota Law School.
To learn more about this interviewee, please consult the links below.
- Biography from the U.S. Department of State Archive.
- Whitney discusses the future of U.S.-Norway relations, "U.S.-Norway Ties Key in Future."
- Norway may rethink opposition to EU membership after Bush's reelection (November 5, 2004)
- Outline of US policy for dealing with threats against allies from weapons of mass destruction (March 1, 2006)
- Whitney describes the United States' relationship with Norway (May 7, 2009)
- Benson K. Whitney bio, from the United States Embassy, Norway (March 9, 2007)