Fellowship Activities & Requirements
- Retreat: Fellows must attend an overnight retreat in April 2020 (dates TBA).
- Service Project: Working in collaboration with a local community agency, each Fellow must design and carry out a service project of at least 200 hours that addresses an unmet community health or well-being need.
- Reports & Evaluations: Fellows submit monthly reflections about their activities, a written final report, and an evaluation of the Fellowship experience.
- Monthly Meetings: Monthly meetings provide the Fellows with leadership development, interdisciplinary discussions, time for reflection on community service, and to network with professionals in service and faculty from partner universities.
- Public Outreach: Each Fellow works in a small group to organize an outreach activity that may take the form of a public symposium or a group service activity.
- Stipend: Fellows receive a stipend of $2,500, distributed in three payments.
- Celebration of Service: Fellows attend and present at a Celebration of Service in May 2020 (dates TBA).
Participating UniversitiesBaylor University, Louise Herrington School of Nursing
Southern Methodist University*
Texas Christian University
Texas Woman’s University
UT Southwestern Medical Center