Thank you for inviting the Embrey Human Rights Program (EHRP) to sponsor an event. While we receive more requests each year than we can accept, our goal is to support as many meaningful opportunities to understand, promote, and defend human rights as possible.
EHRP is happy to help develop ideas. However, we do not host or fund pre-arranged events. Individuals and organizations can receive funding once every three years. Requests must meet all of the following criteria for consideration:
1. Directly reflect the EHRP mission.
2. Offer significant benefit to the SMU community - especially human rights students.
3. Promote open dialogue and nonviolent activity.
4. Involve EHRP as a full partner in planning.
5. Not exclude individuals on the basis of social location.
6. Not charge for admission or serve as a fundraiser.
If your event meets these criteria, please respond to the questions below. Funds are typically allocated at least one full semester ahead of time. Completed forms should be emailed to EHRP Coordinator Sherry Aikman at email@example.com.