The Arabic minor consists of 18 term hours. This includes 12 hours of language training (starting with the intermediate level or higher) as well as two other supporting courses.
Arabic Minor Requirements:
6 hours from the intermediate level, or equivalent:
6 hours from the advanced level:
6 hours from these supporting courses. At least one of these courses has to be at the 3000 level or higher.
- ARBC 3331: Arabic Culture
- ARBC 3355: Advanced Arabic Conversation
- ARBC 4312: Advanced Media Arabic
- ANTH 3359: Peoples and Cultures of the Middle East
- HIST 2355: History of the Ancient Near East and Egypt
- HIST 2379: A History of the Islamic Empires
- HIST 3389: Problems in Middle Eastern History
- HIST 3390: Modern Middle East: 1914 to the Present
- HIST 3396: Coexistence and Conflict in the Middle East
- KNW 2399: The World of Islam: History, Literature and Religion
- PLSC 4340: The Politics of Islam
- PLSC 4345: Islam and Politics
- RELI 3329: Introduction to Islam
- RELI 3362: Islam and the West
- WL 3355: Tradition, Community, and Identity in African Cinema
- WL 4310/HRTS 4374: French Muslim Citizens and the Algerian War: The Harkis
Declare your Arabic Minor!