Ph.D., University of California, Irvine
Nina Schwartz has published on modernism and contemporary literature and film and is currently completing a book on recent representations of trauma. She teaches courses in theory, contemporary literature, and various interdisciplinary studies.
- Introduction to Literary Study
- Contemporary Approaches to Literary Study
- Seminar in Literary Theory
- The Self and Ethics in the Modern World
- “Exotic Rituals and Family Values in Exotica”
- “Itsy Bitsy Spiders and Other Pieces of the Real in Dead Calm”
- "The Absent One in Apartment Zero”
- Dead Fathers: The Logic of Transference in Modern Narrative (U of Michigan P, 1994).