To earn Departmental Distinction in Economics, a student must graduate with a 3.70 Economics Major GPA and a 3.50 all-college GPA. In addition, economics majors of junior or senior standing must enroll in and successfully complete ECO 4398 Departmental Distinction in Economics.
General Requirements for ECO 4398:
- Declared Economics major
- Junior or senior standing
- Minimum Economics GPA of 3.70 (you must provide a copy of your DPR-degree progress report (full report, not summary)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.50
- Approval from Faculty Sponsor and Director of Undergraduate Studies to enroll in ECO 4398
- Completion of 20-25 page paper
- Oral presentation of paper before a faculty committee.
*ECO 4398 may only be taken once. Only one other non-lecture ECO course (ECO 4390, ECO 4395-97 or ECO 4399) may be applied to degree requirements
Please contact Maira Meki, the Economics Undergraduate Advisor if you have any questions.