Carolyn Harrod, M.A.T.
Laboratory Coordinator & Instructor
M.A. in Teaching Science Education, University of Texas at Dallas
Teaching Labs: FOSC 050 and FOSC 059
Carolyn Harrod teaches and coordinates introductory level Biology labs for the department.
BIOL 1303-4 Essentials of Biology
An introduction to the major concepts of biological thought for the non-science major. First term: cell biology, physiology, inheritance, developmental biology, and human reproduction; second term: evolution, diversity of plants and animals, and ecology.
BIOL 1401-2 Introductory Biology
An introduction to the study of plants and animals. First term: cell structure, metabolism and genetics; second term: evolution, diversity, plants and animal anatomy, physiology, and ecology.
Activities and Service
- HOPE (Honoring our Professors’ Excellence) Award
- Health Professions Recommendation Committee (HPRC) Member
- Hilltop Scholars Faculty Member
- Dallas Regional Science & Engineering Fair Grand Prize Judge
- Student Teaching supervisor, former
- Week of Welcome Planning Committee member