Finance with Alternative Asset Management Specialization
Investments in alternative assets - including hedge funds, venture capital, private equity, real estate, and oil and gas - have increased dramatically in the past five years. The Alternative Asset Management specialization is part of the Finance major and EnCap Investments and LCM Group Alternative Asset Management Center at SMU Cox. Cox undergrads who are interested in alternative assets apply for admission to this specialization during their junior year at SMU.
The program includes two specific courses in alternative assets and a summer internship.
- Finance Core
- Advanced Financial Management (FINA 4325)
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management (FINA 4326)
- Speculative Markets (FINA 4327)
- International Finance (FINA 4329) or Global Business (FINA 4335
- Intermediate Accounting I (ACCT 3311)
- Intermediate Accounting II (ACCT 3312)
- Alternative Asset Management Specialization:
- Alternative Asset Management I (FINA 5340)
- Alternative Asset Management II (FINA 5341)
Citi, Cowen and Company, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, EnCap Investments, ExxonMobil, Goldman Sachs, Houlihan Lokey, Invesco, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Neuberger Berman, Raymond James Investment Banking, RBC Capital Group, UBS and Wells Fargo Securities.