Cox MBA students enjoy the best of many worlds when it comes to student activities, outings, events, and opportunities to hear noted speakers and business leaders. At SMU Cox, you will find a wealth of clubs and organizations that can further your career and personal ambitions…or just help you unwind among friends.
At SMU Cox, you will find a small, private school environment that’s team-oriented with open communication across faculty, staff, and students.
The Cox Ambassadors are an excellent resource for prospective and admitted students. Their role is to help you learn more about student life at Cox. In addition, they represent the Cox MBA program at various events and lead the planning and coordination of on-campus events such as Sneak Preview Weekend.
Student Clubs & Organizations
Cox MBA student Student Clubs offer you numerous opportunities to refine your leadership skills while pursuing special interests.
- Interact with local business leaders from a variety of industries who serve as club advisers and frequently speak at club meetings.
- Sharpen your presentation skills by participating in case competitions.
- Travel to different cities around the country to learn from leaders at top companies.
As an elected official on the Student Advisory Board, for example, you can help shape the school’s future programs by serving as the liaison between the student body and the faculty and administration. As an officer of the Cox Finance Club, you can organize special events such as the annual finance case competition. Or as a member of Women in Business, you can join a great support network and access resources for women within the Cox MBA Program.
The Cox MBA Student Services Team provides you with administrative support and general advising, allowing you to focus on your education. The team will:
- work with faculty to develop optimal curriculum and class schedules
- serve as student advocates, provide registration and administrative services
- facilitate and support student organizations and activities
- organize and facilitate orientation and graduation activities
Student Services becomes your partner, helping you succeed in achieving your academic, professional, and personal goals.