About the SMU COX HR Roundtable
JOIN DALLAS' LEADING COMPANIES
The SMU COX Human Resources Roundtable is a forum for a select group of strategic HR leaders.
The Roundtable meets quarterly to examine strategic people issues. Participants are limited to the senior HR person in their organization or company. Members are selected on the basis of their stature in the Human Resources community as well as the reputation of the organizations they serve.
Our purpose is to provide a continuing forum as a means for this select group of executives to exchange strategic ideas with their peers on a regular basis.
With SMU as the sponsor, the Roundtable has access to some of the latest findings in academic research and a renowned pool of speakers.
UNIQUE COMBINATION OF OPERATIONAL AND ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE
- SMU COX affiliation and access
- Select group of practitioners
- Select group of non-competing service provider sponsors
- Thought-leading speakers
- Networking, relationship building & strategic dialog
SMU COX HR ROUNDTABLE - SIZE AND SCOPE
- Limited to the senior HR person in an organization or company
- Currently 40 members - intimate size and senior level
- Holds annual offsite weekend conference
The 2018 workshop is the "Trust Edge Workshop."
Members and sponsors guide the Roundtable’s activities.
- Adrianne Court, EVP/CHRO, Caliber Home Loans
- Valerie Davisson, Chief People Officer, At Home
- Sherry Vidal-Brown, EVP HR, G6 Hospitality
- Keith Holtz, SVP HR, Cook Children’s Health Care System
- Linda Irby, EVP and HR Director, PlainsCapital Bank
- Frank Lloyd, Associate Dean, SMU Cox
- Ashley Mason, Vice President, Client Service, Holmes Murphy
- Larry Sherrell, VP HR, Lexipol
The Roundtable meets four evenings per year in the James M. Collins Executive Education Center on SMU’s Dallas campus or at member locations.
- February 22—Presentation and discussion led
by Gary Eisenstat and Bryant McFall of
Ogletree Deakins on ethics and options
around Sexual Harassment and the role of HR.
- May 8—Breakfast and site visit to Alkami
Technology to learn about the best HR
practices for high growth/IPO companies.
- August 23—Linkedin and Glassdoor and the
benefits of personal branding and
- November 8—Breakfast Executive Dialog
PAST SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
Raj Sisodia (author of Firms of Endearment, and leader in Conscious Capitalism), Robert Moran (Author of Managing Cultural Differences), Dave Ulrich (University of Michigan), Richard Boyatzis (Case Western Reserve, emotional intelligence), Shawn Achor (author on positive psychology and happiness), Pam Patsley (CEO, MoneyGram), Bill Blase (SVP, AT&T), Mike Ullman (CEO JCPenney), Harolyn Watts (Assistant VP, Corporate Diversity/ HR, State Farm)