The Senior Marketing Executive Advisory Board was created in the fall of 2011 to advise the SMU-Cox marketing department on course curriculum and other strategic matters. The board is composed of current and former senior executives including Vice Presidents and Chief Marketing Officers from the Southwest region and across the U.S. They come from consumer package goods, professional sports, telecommunications, retailing and marketing communications industries. They share their knowledge and wisdom derived from their corporate experiences for further enhancement of education at SMU-Cox marketing department. In particular, the board provides insight into the types of curricula that should be included at the Cox school as well as the types of skills Cox graduates should have to make them more productive in marketing careers.
The board meets twice a year in the fall and spring, but also engages in continuous communications with the Marketing department and its faculty.
Current Board Members are:
- Cheryl Adkins Green – CMO of Mary Kay
- Ron Askew – Tracy Locke Partners
- Kim Feil – Consultant, Former CMO of Walgreens
- Paul Golden – Consultant, Former CMO of Samsung Mobile phones
- Paul Monroe – VP of Marketing and Communications – Dallas Mavericks
- Dwight Riskey – Consultant, Former Senior VP of Pepsico
- Greg Taucher – Director of Global Accounts and Contracts – DDB Worldwide