The world judges business schools by the accomplishments of their graduates. The Cox School is committed to equipping you with the skills, knowledge, experiences and contacts you need to take your career to the next level. And that commitment doesn’t end at graduation. The Cox School’s strong professional network will enhance your experience and success today—and for decades to come.
- At the Cox School, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and network with some of the best students in the nation. BusinessWeek, Financial Times and Forbes all recognize Cox as one of the nation’s top business schools, with Forbes ranking Cox’s Professional MBA program #31 in the nation for return on investment.
- The Economist recognized the Cox School as the #1 in the U.S. and #28 in the world for “Potential for Network” based on the breadth, internationalism and effectiveness of our alumni network. The Cox School has more than 40,000 alumni around the world, with active chapters in 15 U.S. states and 20 foreign countries. Every business graduate becomes a lifelong member of the Cox Alumni Association—gaining access to invaluable resources and connections.
- Cox’s executive mentoring programs—the Associate Board for MBAs and the Business Associate Program for BBAs — pair students with prominent business leaders and alumni from the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex for one-on-one mentoring. More than 300 executives currently participate in the two programs. You’ll gain business contacts, career advice and industry insight that only an experienced professional can offer.
- SMU and the Cox School bring the world’s most prominent business executives and government leaders to Dallas through a variety of speaker series. Recent speakers have included former Vice President Dick Cheney; Herb Kelleher, chairman of Southwest Airlines; Chris Matthews, MSNBC television anchor; and Alan Greenspan, former chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
- The Cox School is guided by one of the most impressive executive boards of any business school in the nation. Current board members include senior executives from Accenture, AMR, AT&T, Bank of Texas, The Container Store, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, Humana, J.C. Penney, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, 7-Eleven, Texas Industries, TXU and Wells Fargo.