The James M. Collins Executive Education Center is designed to accommodate the needs of companies and working professionals who want to collaborate with faculty and peers in a beautiful setting away from the workplace. The facility’s high-tech classrooms and meeting rooms, modern business center, relaxing executive lounge and dining room, and striking reception and gathering areas make it the perfect setting for your company’s next meeting, special event or educational programming.
The Collins Center hosts a wide range of events for outside groups in addition to university-related events. It has hosted visiting dignitaries such as the French Ambassador to the United States, the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Chair of the Federal Reserve, and the Hong Kong Commissioner for Economic and Trade Affairs to the United States.
Here's how a few companies made use of the Collins Center's flexible and versatile facilities:
- UNICON, the International University Consortium for Executive Education hosted a three-day team development conference for 200 leaders from graduate business schools worldwide.
- Sewell Automotive holds Quarterly Breakfast Business Briefings with its "Diagonal Slice" employee groups in the Collins Bank of Texas Dining Room and Crum Auditorium.
- Dean Foods holds monthly senior management group meetings in the Pistor Board Room.
- Coca Cola hosts 300 employees at an annual two day regional meeting including new product sampling making use of the Crum Auditorium, classrooms, seminar rooms and the Hillcrest Commons area.
- JCPenney Retail Academy holds their annual five-day class for middle managers in several of our classrooms and the Bank of Texas Dining Room.
- CBS Radio presents a monthly breakfast forum to their sales representatives in the Crum Auditorium and Hillcrest Commons.
- SMU hosts a two-day GeoThermal Conference and expo for 300 attendees in the Crum Auditorium, classrooms, breakout rooms and the Hillcrest Commons.
- Citigroup holds a quarterly day-long management meeting in our classrooms.
- The FDIC held their 75th anniversary celebration and luncheon for 200 guests in the Hillcrest Commons.
- SMU holds a one-day Summit on Sport symposium including a reception and private dinner for 300 participants in the Crum Auditorium, Hillcrest Commons and Bank of Texas Dining Room.
For information about how you can schedule an event in the Collins Center, click on the Reserving Space link or call 214-768-4333.