About SMU's New COVID-19 Dashboard
We’ve been committed to keeping you informed about the impact of the coronavirus on our campus from the beginning of this pandemic. To stay updated, many of you signed up to receive an email notification as new cases were posted to our COVID-19 case list on the Mustang Strong website. Today, we’re excited to launch a refreshed dashboard that further increases transparency in an easy-to-use, interactive format.
- Follow daily positive cases, quarantine numbers and isolation capacity by hovering over the data on three distinct charts.
- Change to different time periods to easily spot trends.
- Quickly isolate student- or employee-specific information by selecting the population on the drop-down menu.
- Check out a new piece of information: the on-campus infection rate. This is calculated by taking the current number of active on-campus cases for the selected population, and dividing it by the number of individuals within that population who could be on SMU’s campus on a given day.
- You will continue to receive an email linking to the dashboard when cases are added.
- We will phase out listing individual cases line-by-line as the dashboard provides the same granular information in an automated format.
- You’re encourage to bookmark this page for quick reference.
- If you’re not signed up and would like to receive notifications of new cases, email email@example.com.
In Case You Missed It
- Free flu vaccinations are still available at designated tents around campus, while supplies last. View the schedule, bring your SMU ID and a face covering and get your shot today.
- The Dr. Bob Smith Health Center is open this weekend from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for COVID-19 testing appointments. If you’ve come into close contact with a known positive case, call 214-768-2141 to speak with a medical professional.