Being a manager involves the ability to effectively engage employees to work towards a common goal. To be successful, you must be adept at a wide range of skills, including interpersonal communication, conflict resolution, budgeting and team-building.
SMU CAPE’s eight-week Boss Boot Camp will give you the confidence, knowledge and skills you need to grow your management abilities and hone your soft skills in a low-risk environment.
Who Should Attend
- New managers and supervisors
- Experienced managers who want to add skills to their resumes
- Young managers and supervisors leading older team members
- Anyone whose performance is dependent on the performance of others
- Learn what best practices in supervision are and how to apply them in your organization.
- Experience hands-on learning to review, practice, and master soft skills in a low risk environment.
- Determine where you are as a manager and how to reach your goals with self-assessments
- Develop lasting professional relationships
- Receive individualized attention from the instructors
- Receive a thorough review of the principles and techniques that experienced managers use to lead teams to success.
Download Five Mistakes Supervisors Make and Tips on How to Avoid Them.
Average annual salary for management analysts in Texas. Learn more.
Projected increase in employment by 2024 for managers. Learn more.
Top job titles include store manager, event specialist, sales associate. Learn more.