Loan Periods and Policies
- Current students, staff, and faculty must present an SMU ID card at the Main Desk to check out materials. A separate library card is not required.
- SMU Alumni may obtain a library card online or at the circulation desk.
- Visitors, including visiting faculty, may be eligible to apply for a library card or TexShare card.
It is your responsibility to:
- Know the due date for when material is to be returned.
- Return or renew material before the due date.
- Exercise care in the handling of library materials
Reviewing Your Library Account
Use the Library Catalog's "My Account" feature to review what materials you have checked out, renew materials, and any overdue fines. Learn more about paying fines.