The Foscue Map Library is open by appointment only.
Contact Jennifer Sullivan for assistance.
Located in Fondren Library, The Foscue Map Library is one of the preeminent collections of cartographic resources in the American Southwest. It supports the key disciplines of geology, archaeology and anthropology, history, sociology, political science, and environmental science.
Spatial Literacy & GIS Services
The SMU Initiative for Spatial Literacy (Spat.Lit) provides leadership in developing and coordinating geospatial and GIS data services and programs throughout the University. Learn more.
Holdings (partial list)
- USGS & State Geological Survey Topographic & Geologic Maps (current and historical)
- International, National, Geographic and Thematic Maps and Atlases (including historical)
- AAA US State and City Road Maps (1960-2010)
- US National Park and National Forest Service Maps
- NOAA Nautical & FAA Aeronautical Navigation Charts (selected)
- US Department of Agriculture & State Agency Soil Survey Publications
- Books and other aids for locating and understanding maps
Cataloging of maps is an ongoing project and only a fraction of the holding records are currently available in the library catalog. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a more accurate and complete indication of what is available.
Maps Research Guide
Please also see the Maps Research Guide for additional information about the Map Library holdings, cartography in general, other map collections and resources.
214-768-2329 (Fondren Library Main Desk)
Ask a Librarian