When you give to the Center for Presidential History, you play a vital role in helping us advance understanding of the American presidency and American history.
Your giving supports programs such as:
- Student scholarships for SMU-Normandy: The CPH is hosting a travel course about D-Day and Europe's liberation during World War II, including on-site exploration of London, Cambridge, Portsmouth, Normandy and Paris. For more information, click here.
- Gilder Lehrman Teacher Seminars: Each summer, the Gilder Lehrman Institute offers academically rigorous Teacher Seminars for K–12 educators. These highly competitive one-week seminars are open exclusively to participants in the Institute’s free Affiliate School Program. For more information, click here.
- CPH Director Jeffrey Engel is teaching a course called “Presidents at War” for the Gilder Lehrman Teacher Seminars. It will be held at SMU in June 2018.
- Public Events and Conferences: The CPH regularly organizes and hosts a wide variety of lectures, conferences, and events, focused on broadening our understanding of presidential history and its potential for aiding ongoing contemporary debates for our nation’s future course. For a full list of our past events, click here.
- Collective Memory Project: The CPH is enhancing the historical and archival record of various presidential administrations by filming and preserving interviews with members of these administrations. For more information, click here.
- Faculty and Postdoctoral Research: Through postdoctoral fellowships, on-campus writing fellowships, and publishing volumes based on its own work, the CPH aims to be a hub for the most current and innovative research in presidential history.
If you have any questions, we are eager to discuss our endeavors and your ideas for the CPH. Please contact the CPH Coordinator Ronna Spitz at
email@example.com or at 214-768-3210.