Next class begins February 17, 2018Details Register
||As little as 4 months
Begins February 17, 2018 (Tuesday evenings 6 – 9 p.m. on the Plano campus and one Saturday workshop on the Plano campus)
Priority Rate (2 weeks before start date): $2,895
Standard Rate: $3,145
The certificate is offered in a modular format with weekday evening classes (and one all-day Saturday workshop) offered throughout the year. Simply follow the steps below to register for the User Experience Design Certificate Program at SMU.
Tuition and Fees
- Tuition for the User Experience Design Certificate Program is $2,895 if you register and pay for the full certificate by the priority deadline ($3,145 thereafter). This is nearly $185 savings over the price if purchased separately.
- Discounts are available for SMU faculty, staff, students, & alumni, as well as for nonprofits and groups.
After your registration has been processed, you will receive an e-mail with your course confirmation which will contain the following information: course schedule, course location, parking pass, suggested parking and map. Please check your confirmation thoroughly to verify that everything is correct as soon as you receive it.
Your building name and classroom number are printed on your confirmation and can be found online in your student course record. If for any reason you have not received or lost your confirmation, be sure to gather all necessary information from our office during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.
SMU CAPE has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. To apply for this loan, follow the steps below. Please note that your requested loan amount cannot exceed the program tuition.
YOUR SALLIE MAE LOAN APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND APPROVED 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE PROGRAM. The approval process for your Sallie Mae smart option loan is not complete until you electronically sign your application in the Sallie Mae portal.
- Complete and submit the application form related to the certificate program of your choice.
- Be sure to indicate if you are seeking Sallie Mae as a tuition option for your program.
- Apply for the loan through our official Sallie Mae portal website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan. If you are approved for the loan, Sallie Mae will notify SMU CAPE within 24-48 hours.
- You will receive an award letter from the SMU CAPE office and a registration email confirming your enrollment in the program.
Students must register before attending a course. Instructors cannot accept registration fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.