Next class begins February 17, 2018Details Register
||As little as 4 months
Begins February 17, 2018 (Tuesday evenings 6 – 9 p.m. on the Plano campus and one Saturday workshop on the Plano campus)
Priority Rate (2 weeks before start date): $2,895
Standard Rate: $3,145
The SMU CAPE User Experience Design Certificate Program is offered in a face-to-face, classroom setting in a modular format. You can register for just one course or complete the full certificate by signing up for the entire offering.
Developed in consultation with industry leaders, this certificate will prepare you to navigate the rapidly-changing world of user experience design with proven strategies and practical tips from industry experts. It was selected as one of valuecollege.com's "Top 50 Alternative UX Programs" in 2016.
Certificate Program Completion Requirements
To complete and receive a certificate you must take:
- Introduction to User Experience – One Day Workshop
- User Research and User Centered Analysis
- User Experience Design
- Usability Testing
Then select one of the following elective workshops:
- Designing Customer Experiences and Service Design
- Experience Design & Branding on Voice Enabled Devices
- UX Principles & Concepts in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Holograms (New!)
The rate at which AR, VR and holograms are now being applied in commercial settings is steadily increasing. UX designers today are poised to be a central component of one of the most exciting technology fields of the decade. This workshop is designed to give you an overview of some of the emerging UX principles, concepts and best practices across these platforms.
Or, for an even more comprehensive learning experience, you may take both advanced workshops for an additional $295. You will need to call 214-768-1184 to take advantage of this opportunity, only available to students taking the full certificate program.
Register and pay for the full certificate at one time and save nearly $185 over the price if purchased separately!
You will have 18 months from your first day of class to successfully complete the program. In the event that you experience personal or professional reasons which delay your completion of the program or fail to successfully pass required exams, the following policy applies:
- The 18 month clock begins on the first day of class.
- The program must be completed within the 18 month period so students should plan their schedules accordingly. This means that the last day of class of the last necessary area must be completed within the 18 month period.
- After 18 months from the student’s first day of class, when the student originally begins the program, the student’s enrollment in the program expires. The student will be removed from participating in the program. If s/he has not successfully completed the program within the 18 month window, her/his program status is “incomplete” and s/he will not receive a certificate of completion from the program.
- After 18 months, a former student may reapply to the program and will be subject to the program’s current tuition and space availability.