The SMU Certificate in Project Management is a non-credit certificate program offered in an intensive format over the course of five days.
The program contains 40 hours of project management education and is consistent with A Guide to the PMI® Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK™ Fifth Edition.) SMU awards Professional Development Units (PDUs) for this course. These hours can also count as education credit when you apply for the PMP examination.
You will learn simple, time-tested management models to help you remember the new skills and competencies and to embrace them as part of your culture in the everyday workplace.
Due to the intensive cohort nature of the program, you will register and pay for the certificate (two modules) at one time.
- Module 1 (Three Days) - Tools and Techniques
- Module 2 (Two Days) - The People Side
The learning goals of the program include:
- Implementing Effective Planning & Control
- Organizing & Supporting Projects
- Creating Interactive Project Teams
- Establishing Effective Communications
- Empowering Project Team Members
Textbooks and Materials
Tuition includes course materials.