Tuition for the Web Design Certificate Program is $4,395. This includes tuition and access to our online learning system.
SMU has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. To apply for this loan, follow the steps below:
- Select the program of your choice, enroll in the application course and submit your $50 application fee by clicking here.
- Complete and submit the application you receive in your email confirmation. The form can be faxed or emailed to the CAPE office. The fax number and email address are on the form.
- Apply for the loan through our official portal on the Sallie Mae website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan.
- You will receive an award letter from the CAPE office and a registration email confirming your enrollment in the program.
Web Design Certificate Program Policies
Textbooks and course materials are not included in the tuition amount.
Students must enroll before attending courses in this program. Instructors cannot accept enrollment fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
You may transfer a course registration one time, within the guidelines of the withdrawal policy. If you fail to attend the class you transferred into, you forfeit the course tuition.
CAPE reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes due to low enrollment. Such decisions are made three business days prior to the class begin date. If a course is rescheduled for any reason, those registered will be contacted to verify availability for the rescheduled date. If those registered are not available for the rescheduled class date, tuition will be refunded in full. If the class is cancelled and a new date is not available, tuition will be refunded in full.
You will have 18 months from your first day of class to successfully complete the program. In the event that you experience personal or professional reasons which delay your completion of the program or fail to successfully pass required exams, the following policy applies:
- The 18 month clock begins on the first day of class.
- The program must be completed within the 18 month period so students should plan their schedules accordingly. This means that the last day of class of the last necessary area must be completed within the 18 month period.
- After 18 months from the student’s first day of class, when the student originally begins the program, the student’s enrollment in the program expires. The student will be removed from participating in the program. If s/he has not successfully completed the program within the 18 month window, her/his program status is “incomplete” and s/he will not receive a certificate of completion from the program.
- After 18 months, a former student may reapply to the program and will be subject to the program’s current tuition and space availability.
WITHDRAWAL: Students wishing to withdraw from the program are required to provide written notice of their withdrawal request to the Program Office via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
REFUND POLICY FOR CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS: At SMU Continuing and Professional Education, we understand that sometimes our students may need to cancel an enrollment. In this event, we provide the following options:
Before the certificate program begins:
• Students may receive a refund, minus a $150.00 handling fee.
• Students may transfer to another cohort free of charge so long as s/he will complete their program within the 18 month time frame.
After the certificate program begins:
• NO refund will be allowed.
• Students may transfer to another cohort / class free of charge so long as s/he will complete their program within the 18 month time frame (one class is allowed to be taken free of charge, subsequent failed or incomplete courses are subject to the aforementioned cost per course).
• We do not provide any prorated refunds nor credits.
Full details are available in the certificate terms and conditions provided during the application process.
Contact a Program Advisor at 214-621-4834 or email@example.com.