Program fast facts
||Priority Rate (before Feb. 6, 2016): $5,495
Standard Rate: $5,745
||Feb. 20 – Aug. 20, 2016
Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
on the Dallas Campus
Paralegal Certificate Program Tuition
- The priority registration fee for the Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies is $5,495 for students who have enrolled and paid by the priority registration deadline. Students enrolling and paying after the priority deadline has passed will be charged a registration fee of $5,745.
- The registration fee includes tuition, access to our online learning system, and all textbooks and materials.
- There is a $50 application fee before you submit your completed enrollment form along with a photocopy of your undergraduate transcript.
Program Entrance Requirement
Admission into the program requires a four-year undergraduate degree. This ensures that our graduates are qualified not only for employment after they graduate, but also prepared for the level of training offered at SMU. Additional requirements include, basic computing and word-processing skills, access to the internet (preferably high-speed), and an updated resume.
To apply for the paralegal program, follow the steps below:
- Select the program of your choice, and submit your $50 application fee by clicking here.
- Complete the enrollment form that you receive in your email confirmation and submit the form along with a photocopy or your undergraduate transcript or diploma via the methods listed on the enrollment form.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment for the program of your choice.
SMU faculty, staff, students, and alumni save 10%!
Financing Options for the Paralegal Certificate
SMU has a relationship with Sallie Mae for their Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan. To apply for this loan and enroll in the Paralegal Certificate program follow the steps below:
YOU MUST COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE SALLIE MAE LOAN 14 DAYS BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF THE PROGRAM.
: Your requested loan amount cannot exceed the program tuition)
- Select the program of your choice, enroll in the application course and submit your $50 application fee by clicking here.
- Complete and submit the application you receive in your email confirmation. The form can be faxed or emailed to the CAPE office. The fax number and email address are on the form.
- Apply for the loan through our official portal on the Sallie Mae website. You will receive your decision in less than 30 minutes after applying for the loan.
- You will receive an award letter from the CAPE office and a registration email confirming your enrollment in the program.
If you are currently employed in the legal field and you have questions about whether you can meet our requirements, please contact us.
Paralegal Certificate Program Policies
All course textbooks and course materials are included in the tuition price.
Students must enroll before attending courses in this program. Instructors cannot accept enrollment fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
CAPE makes every effort to assure a quality learning experience. If you choose to withdraw from the certificate program, please notify us in writing (via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 214-768-1071). SMU CAPE professional certificate enrollment is final as of 3 business days prior to first class start date and programs are intended to be successfully completed in full. Once you are enrolled, withdrawal from the program or not completing the program forfeits your tuition costs. We do not provide any prorated refunds or credits for partial certificate program completion. However, students may transfer to another cohort/class free of charge, provided there is space available and time remaining for them to successfully complete the program.
Failure to attend class does not constitute withdrawal.
All refunds will be made in the form of the original payment. Please allow up to six weeks to receive check refunds.
Full details are available in the certificate terms and conditions provided during the application process.