Class Fast Facts
||Tues Evenings & Alternating Sat
Designed for those working in the financial industry or with financial experience, this intensive ten-month program held at SMU-in-Plano offers a convenient weeknight/weekend schedule and a fast-paced curriculum to help you attain this prestigious designation sooner!
Strengthen Your Professional Net Worth
Market research indicates that the financial planning field is one of the fastest growing professions in America. In fact, for several years now, Jobs Rated Almanac has named financial planning as one of the top-rated jobs in America. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts faster-than-average growth for financial planners, as a better-educated, wealthier and longer-living population requires more investment advice and financial guidance.
- January 21 – October 18, 2014
- Tuesday evenings and every other Saturday
- Begin the program in January and be finished with the educational requirement in time to study and sit for the March 2015 CFP® Certification Examination.
- Ten-month accelerated program (January through October) makes it possible for students to complete their studies in less than one year.
- Curriculum fulfills the educational requirements for application to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
- Instructors are experienced practitioners in the financial planning field.
- Convenient weeknight/weekend schedule makes it easy for professionals to participate.
- Courses are taught in succession, not simultaneously, providing optimal subject focus and concentration.
- The program concludes with a case studies course emphasizing practical application. Students complete the SMU program having seen, analyzed and put together a financial plan.
Students must have a four-year degree before enrolling in the program. The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) requires individuals to have an undergraduate degree prior to obtaining CFP® certification. No particular major or emphasis is required.
Plano Cohort Costs
- Program fee: $4,995 plus cost of textbooks.
- Early registration fee: $3,995 if received by January 6, 2014.
- TSCPA member fee: $3,895 plus cost of textbooks.
- One-time, non-refundable application fee: $50
- Smart Option Loan from Sallie Mae available.
- Groups of three or more from one organization may be eligible for a group discount. Please call 214-768-2273 to discuss your organization's needs.