Class Fast Facts
||10 months, 1 yr or 2 yr
||Multiple formats available
||$4995, $1150 per term or $675 per class
"I PASSED the November 2007 CFP Exam. I would like to thank the entire SMU CPFP staff for their large role played in this process. During my time in the SMU CPFP program, I was taught a solid, fundamental core of knowledge in financial planning. It was from this bedrock of knowledge that, with the additional help of my Kaplan Live Review course, I gleaned those areas of concentration for the CFP Exam and upon it that I leaned for those questions on topics outside those specific areas. You can be certain that, in the future, I will recommend the SMU CPFP to any friends or colleagues that desire, as did I, to pursue a first rate institution at which to meet the educational requirements for their CFP certification!"
— David Wagner, 2007 SMU CPFP graduate
receive a special discount on Kaplan Schweser Live and Virtual Review Courses.
This special discount, reserved just for SMU students, is the lowest
enrollment fee available for the esteemed Kaplan Schweser Review — guaranteed.
As SMU students purchase Kaplan Schweser Volumes 1-7 for use in the SMU CPFP program, they will not be required to purchase any
additional texts for the Kaplan Schweser Review. In addition, should SMU
students’ Kaplan Schweser Volumes 1-7 be outdated by the time they enroll
in the Kaplan Schweser Review, students may exchange their texts for updated
versions free of charge.
- Choose a starting date. Students may join the SMU Program in April or September on the main campus in Dallas, or in January at SMU-in-Plano.
- Choose a track. Students may elect to take one course per quarter, on the Traditional Path, or take 2 courses per quarter on the Pacesetter Path (at a discounted rate). Students in the SMU CPFP in Plano program move through the program one course at at time, at an accelerated pace; each of the seven courses in the program are taught in 6-week modules. For an overview of the course paths, click here.
- Enroll in an Information Session. Offered throughout the year, these 1-hour sessions are packed with information about the SMU Program and the CFP® certification process. Register now.
- Meet program instructors, view prerequisites and course fees.
- Complete the program application. Click here to complete the SMU program application process.
- Register for class. After the application has been approved, students may enroll online, by phone, or by fax. Traditional Path and Plano students begin the program with course 101; Pacesetter Path students begin with courses 101 and 103.