Class Fast Facts
||10 months, 1 yr or 2 yr
||Multiple formats available
||$4995, $1150 per term or $675 per class
The SMU Certificate Program in Financial Planning (CPFP) can help your advisors add the coveted CFP® marks to their credentials. As the premier CFP Board-registered provider in Dallas, SMU focuses on the needs of our students by offering small class sizes and experienced professionals who specialize in the curricula they teach.
SMU has developed a corporate partnership program that provides significant tuition discounts for employers who are committed to excellence.
Benefits offered by the SMU Program:
- 10% savings for corporate partners
- Affordable, competitive advantage for your financial consultants
- Comprehensive, thorough curriculum
- Impressive CFP® Exam pass rate
- Superior quality of instruction
- Convenient, pay-as-you-go plan to coordinate with employee tuition reimbursement programs
- SMU Certificate in Financial Planning awarded upon completion
The SMU Pacesetter Path
Complete the SMU Program in as little as one academic year by taking two courses per quarter.
To learn more about how the SMU Program can help your advisors reach their full potential, please contact our Program Director, Tom Ricks, CFP®, at 214-460-1088 or email@example.com.
- Choose a starting date. Students may join the SMU Program in April or September on the main campus in Dallas, or in January at SMU-in-Plano.
- Choose a track. Students may elect to take one course per quarter, on the Traditional Path, or take 2 courses per quarter on the Pacesetter Path (at a discounted rate). Students in the SMU CPFP in Plano program move through the program one course at at time, at an accelerated pace; each of the seven courses in the program are taught in 6-week modules. For an overview of the course paths, click here.
- Enroll in an Information Session. Offered throughout the year, these 1-hour sessions are packed with information about the SMU Program and the CFP® certification process. Register now.
- Meet program instructors, view prerequisites and course fees.
- Complete the program application. Click here to complete the SMU program application process.
- Register for class. After the application has been approved, students may enroll online, by phone, or by fax. Traditional Path and Plano students begin the program with course 101; Pacesetter Path students begin with courses 101 and 103.