Facilities Event Support
Services provided for SMU-Sponsored Event - event that uses the premises whereby the value and outcome of the event solely support the campus, student, and/or institutional life at SMU. (No funding source required)
Setup & Teardown
- Moving furniture, boxes, materials, hanging banners, etc. All items to be provided by the requesting department.
- Table & chair setup: the requesting department’s existing tables, chairs and materials will be setup or torn down. Check here for available setup and teardown dates and times.
- Tables/chairs/podiums/furniture/materials must be physically located on main or east campus at time of setup, and will not be moved off campus at teardown.
- Requests must be submitted via an Event Request form no less than 14, but no more than 90 days in advance; all others are subject to staff availability
- Changes to existing request(s) must be made 7 days in advance via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the existing work order number(s).
- All event requests must contain the following information:
- Date/Time of Setup & Teardown
- Date/Time of Event
- Name of Event
- Location of items to be moved and returned (must include building name and room number)
- Onsite point of contact’s phone number for access or questions if different than the requestor
- Room layout selection AND number of attendees. Please attach an image of layout if different from a standard configuration-- see Room Layouts
- Pre-clean, monitor during, and/or post clean of interior event space(s)
- Delivery and pickup of extra trash cans
- Custodial Services are provided at no cost for events occurring during the building’s routine custodial schedule. See Event Support Billing Rates for custodial services occurring outside of routine schedule.
Services provided for SMU-Hosted Event– event that uses the premises whereby the value and outcome of the event is primarily for the external entity utilizing the SMU premises. (Funding source required)
Event Support Billing Rates
|Notification Period||Custodian Rate per hour||Custodial Supervisor Rate per hour||General Services Technician Rate per hour|
|14 + days advance notice||$23.00||$30.00||$35.00|
|6-13 days advance notice||$30.00||$45.00||$52.50|
|0-5 days advance notice||$46.00||$60.00||$70.00|
All requests for SMU-Hosted event support must be submitted via an Event Request.