Give Now

Undergraduate Student International Travel


Undergraduate Student International Travel Process

Southern Methodist University offers opportunities for undergraduate students to travel abroad, either through an approved study abroad program or through other SMU-sponsored travel.  All undergraduate international travel must go through SMU Abroad. In addition, undergraduates traveling internationally must register their travel with the ISOS TravelTracker and, if necessary, gain approval to travel to a restricted region, as outlined in this section.

Are You Traveling to a Restricted Region?

How to Determine if You're Traveling to a Restricted Region:

  1. Go to the restricted regions website.
  2. If the country you are traveling to is listed on this website, then you are traveling to a restricted region.

Select the appropriate option below:

Yes, I am traveling to a restricted region


No, I am not traveling to a restricted region


What is a Restricted Region?

Restricted Region is a region of the world that SMU has identified as an area that requires travelers to exert special efforts to mitigate risk and, when necessary, to avoid travel altogether.


If you are a parent and have questions regarding your undergraduate's travel, please go here.