International Insurance Resources
The chart below shows the insurance SMU travelers have access to while abroad and how it applies to the different SMU travelers.
International SOS(ISOS) is one of the world's leading medical and travel security companies. They work 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to assist University travelers for all of their medical and security travel needs.
Before You Leave for Your Trip
- Make sure you have received SMU's ISOS Membership Card, either a printable pdf or a physical card.
- Log on to Member portal at the ISOS website to view country-specific travel security and health information. The Membership Number needed to log in is on SMU's ISOS Membership Card.
- Be sure to download the ISOS Assistance App. It allows for one-click dialing to the closest ISOS Assistance Centre as well as medical and travel security alerts for countries you select
Before You Are Abroad
- The membership card you received contains SMU's International SOS membership number.
- This membership number can be used to register directly with International SOS.
- Upon registration, you can customize email messages and notification settings for alerts and updates based on your travel itinerary.
Questions? Contact the Office of Risk Management at email@example.com or 214-768-2083.