Give Now

Domestic Travel


Domestic Travel

Travel and Entertainment Management Policy 4.7 applies to all faculty, staff, students and others who incur expenses while engaged in University business travel. Travelers should submit a travel request through Concur, SMU’s travel management software, prior to making travel arrangements in order to provide travel information for the University’s travel insurance and risk purposes.  (Concur software is managed through Procurement and approval from Risk Management is not necessary.)

Fleet Safety Policy 11.5 applies to all employees, prospective employees and students who operate, or will operate, vehicles owned, leased or loaned to SMU (a.k.a., University vehicles) and covered by University insurance. 

Employees and students planning to drive a University vehicle must complete and submit a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) form to the Office of Risk Management in advance of travel. Failure to provide information in advance of travel may result in the University withholding permission to drive University vehicles.

Required Steps:

Sub-Compact Utility Vehicles Policy 11.6 applies to campus golf cart use. If your department owns or rents a sub-compact utility vehicle, or golf cart, please follow the guidelines below prior to operating the vehicle:

  • Register your golf cart
  • Complete golf cart training