Continuity of Operations Plans help departments within the University resume critical functions through documenting the following:
- What the department's critical functions are;
- Who can activate and execute the COOP;
- Dependencies that are needed for recovery;
- Departmental communication methods; and
- Establish restoration strategies.
SMU's COOP plans should be developed utilizing an all-hazard approach. This helps to ensure that the critical functions of the department, as identified in the COOP, continue regardless of the type of emergency or disruption.
The links on the side provide additional information on developing a COOP plan at SMU. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Risk Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-2083.