BioRAFT is a web-based research management platform that supports laboratory safety compliance. It is use to keep track of safety training, chemical inventory, safety equipment calibration, perform laboratory surveys, and obtain safety documentation templates. All research laboratories are required to register in BioRAFT. Principle Investigators may select a senior member of their laboratory to complete the registration process as their delegate. Laboratory registration information will be used to identify the location of all laboratories, emergency contact for each laboratory, and the hazards in each laboratory. It is also used to determine the appropriate and necessary safety training for all personnel in the laboratory and to facilitate in emergency response preparations.
- Go to https://smu.bioraft.com/
- Enter your SMUID and password.
- Click the General Laboratory Setup Wizard to begin registration process.
- Click “Delegate Now” to assign a delegate from the laboratory to complete the registration process.
- Click “Continue to Laboratory Setup”.
For any additional questions regarding BioRAFT, please feel free to contact SMU EHS for assistance.