Course roles control access to the content and tools within a course. Each user is assigned a role for each course in which they participate. For example, a user with a role of teaching assistant in one course can have a role of student in another course.
Course roles include:
- Course Builder - Can only edit course material. Cannot see student information
- Grader - Can only work with grades and graded items
- Teaching Assistant - Same privileges as the instructor
Complete Details from Blackboard Here
Go to the Users and Group section on the Control Panel.
- Click Users
- Choose the search criteria.
To narrow search type something in the search field
To list all users choose Not Blank in the second search criteria pull-down menu.
- Click Go
- Find the user to be edited
- Click the fly-out menu next to the user name
- Choose Change User's Role in Course
- On the resulting screen choose the role you wish
- Click Submit
Note: A user can't have two roles