Give Now

Exiting Process

SMU HR Resources

Faculty Exiting Process

The faculty member should submit a letter of resignation to the appropriate supervisor, who should then notify the Dean's office and the Financial Officer. The Financial Officer must submit the termination via to be processed.

The Department of Human Resources has prepared a Leaving SMU FAQ for faculty who are leaving the University.  If, after reviewing the FAQ, the faculty member has any immediate benefits-related questions, he/she should call the Department of Human Resources at 214-768-3311 or email questions to

All SMU property (e.g. ID cards, keys, computers, tablets, mobile phone, etc.) must be returned to the exiting faculty's department Chair or designee for their department/school.

Can't find what you need?

Email Us Email us at
Call Us 214-768-3311