First Day Forms for Faculty
Before the first day of your employment, as stated in your contract, all new faculty members must come to the department of Human Resources to complete their Faculty First Day Forms. You will be contacted by a HR Representative via email after your signed contract is received by the Office of the Provost regarding your new faculty new hire paperwork and registering for HR/Benefits Orientation. You may contact HR directly for questions at NewFaculty@smu.edu.
Required employment paperwork including completion of the Form I-9 must be done prior to your contract's start date. All new faculty contracts are conditional on the successful completion of a pre-employment background check and completion of the Form I-9.
The Faculty First Day Forms packet includes the following documents:
The following documents are to be completed on the first day of employment. You may access each form individually or you may download and print a package of all the forms at one time.
- List of Acceptable Documents to Complete Form I-9
- Faculty Personal Data Information Form
- New Faculty Payroll Schedule Election Form
- Consent & Release Form for Pre-Employment Background Check
- New Faculty Statement of Understanding - After completing the New Faculty Online Orientation Tutorial.
Download and print the entire New Faculty Employment Packet here.
After your contract effective date, new faculty will have access to complete the following:
- Enroll in direct deposit via my.smu
- Complete the Form W-4 via my.smu
- Life Insurance Beneficiary Designation (Employer provided coverage). Available online via The Standards' Online Beneficiary Designation System approximately 2-3 weeks after your contract effective date. The Online Beneficiary Designation Guide will walk you through the process. Company Key: standardbendes