Strategic Thinking introduces a new and innovative way to think about and approach the business challenges we all face in our jobs. The training offers the skills, attitudes, traits, and behaviors one needs to think critically, find new answers, uncover new opportunities, and make better decisions.
You'll learn how to:
- apply strategic thinking to every challenge, no matter the size
- create flexible plans that can be modified should conditions change
- ask questions that generate new thinking and solutions
- challenge the "that's how we have always done it" attitude
- assess the impact of your decisions, both short and long term
- create a future that is planned, not one that just happens
This workshop fulfills one elective credit for Manager Orientation.
Date: October 9, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please make plans to be seated and ready to start the workshop promptly at 9:00 a.m. The room will be open at 8:30 a.m. and a light breakfast will be available at that time.
External Facilitator: Skillpath Training Seminars
Location: HR Training Room, 208 Expressway Tower
SMU Parking Permit? Park in the AUP lot to the east of Expressway Tower.
No SMU Parking Permit? Email us for assistance.
Dress: We encourage you to dress in layers to manage your comfort level throughout the session.
Light breakfast and snacks will be provided throughout the day. Lunch will be on your own.