Professional Development Workshop
Even the most experienced professionals can lack effective presentation skills. They fail to prepare, are fearful in front of people, have poorly organized thoughts, and lack the confidence to engage and persuade an inattentive audience. This Franklin Covey workshop will provide you with the know-how to deliver dynamic, compelling, and truly effective presentations time and again.
Presentation Advantage, helps participants discover how to:
- identify the presentation objectives, audience needs, and expectations
- use the FC “Presentation Planner” tool
- leverage powerful business communication and persuasion strategies
- use the “Visual Advantage” guidebook, learning how to use visuals effectively
- prepare effective presentation notes, handle questions, and practice to perfection.
Participants will boost presentation performance with training, enabling them to motivate teams, gain buy-in, and improve results.
Date: Thursday, January 23, 2020
Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Note: An optional follow up session will be scheduled during the workshop to review content and check progress.
Facilitator: Mary Stall, Senior HR Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness
Location: HR Training Room, #208 Expressway Tower
Parking: SMU visitors to Expressway Tower may park in the Robson & Lindley Aquatics Center and Barr-McMillion Natatorium AUP parking lot to the east of Expressway Tower. Overflow parking may use the AUP Dyer lot located one block north of Expressway Tower off the Central Expwy service road. Please visit Parking and ID Services to view the Campus Parking Map.