Professional Development Workshop
Focus - Achieving Your Highest Priorities
Competing priorities. Multiple deadlines. A hundred unanswered e-mails and now you're not sure you're going to make your daughter's soccer game. Sound familiar? If so, you're not alone. There are still only 24 hours in every day, but the amount of things you have to do in that time has expanded exponentially. At the end of the day, how do you know you've accomplished not just some things, but the right things?
FOCUS: Achieving Your Highest Priorities is all about personal effectiveness and productivity at the office—and outside of work. With the right tools, you can find time for the things you really want to accomplish and lead a happier, more productive life.
This workshop fulfills one elective credit for Manager Orientation.
This engaging, highly interactive workshop will help you think differently about how you spend your time and give you the tools to:
- Increase productivity by identifying and focusing on your top priorities
- Enhance chances of success by setting goals that align with your most important objectives
- Keep focused with a planning system that integrates the tools you use (planner, PDA, desktop)
- Effectively manage all the information that comes across your desk (e-mail, voicemail)
- Reduce stress by recognizing and eliminating low-priority activities and distractions
Completion of this workshop fullfils one elective credit for Manager Orientation.
Date: November 13, 2013
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Facilitator: Lorea Belle Seidel, Associate Director of Human Resources
Location: HR Training Room, 208 Expressway Tower
Parking: Park in the All-University Parking (AUP) east of the building.
No SMU parking sticker? Email email@example.com for assistance.
Dress: We encourage you to dress in layers to ensure your comfort in the room throughout the day