Professional Development Workshop
Crucial Conversations Overview
When stakes are high, opinions vary, and emotions run strong, you have three choices: avoid the conversation and suffer the consequences; handle the conversation badly and suffer the consequences; or discover how to communicate best when it matters most. Attend this session to learn how to step up to your crucial conversations!
During this session you will learn:
- the step by step method for approaching a crucial conversation
- how to lower your defenses and put yourself in the right frame of mind to host the conversation
- techniques to create mutual respect and understanding
- powerful ways to encourage freedom of expression
- tools to get to results for each party
HR Training Room, Expressway Tower #208
Mary Stall, Senior HR Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness
Parking: SMU visitors to Expressway Tower may park in the Robson & Lindley Aquatics Center and Barr-McMillion Natatorium AUP parking lot to the east of Expressway Tower. Overflow parking may use the AUP Dyer lot located one block north of Expressway Tower off the Central Expwy service road. Please visit Parking and ID Services to view the Campus Parking Map.
This workshop counts as an elective for Manager Orientation.